Friday, December 14, 2007

Bessie Pearl Starr





Bessie Starr, 83, went home to be with the Lord on December 9, 2007.

She was born in Wardell, MS to the late George and Blanche VanDriest. She attended Lighthouse Pentecostal Assembly and retired from Abbott Laboratories.

Preceded in death by her husband, Norman Starr; and brother, William VanDriest.

Survived by children, Ruth Null, Daniel Stowe, Cathy Riley and Tim Schinsky; 7 grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; brothers, Henry and Eddie VanDriest; and sister Bonnie Hill.

Bessie's faith in God and desire to see all of her family serving God gave her the strength to fight a long hard battle with cancer.

In lieu of flowers please make contributions to the Bessie Starr Family, P.O. Box 6108, Akron, Ohio 44312.

Memorial service 7:00 PM Thursday, December 20, 2007 at Lighthouse Pentecostal Assembly, 335 Steele Ave, Ashland, Ohio 44805.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you so much Grandma! You will be so missed, we'll see you in Heaven soon and very soon! :) So glad you're not suffering anymore!

Anonymous said...

This is my beautiful mother. She will never realize how much she will be missed. I am so glad that I was with her until God took her home. She was at home with her family where she wanted to be. God Bless her and may she rest in peace. Her daughter Ruth Null

Anonymous said...

I love you so much Grandma. I sure am gonna miss those Angel-food Cakes. Thank you for ALWAYS being a beautiful strong woman of God. Your Christ-like example will never be forgotten. - Micah Riley

Anonymous said...

Aunt Bessie,
As a child , I never could understand why you wanted us to go to church morning and night.I realized a long time ago, why. I owe my salvation to my God and you.I believe he worked through you . If it was'nt for you I don't know where I would be . You were the only one (on my dads side) that showed me you cared.I am a better person for that.I love you and will miss you. Shirley

Anonymous said...

I'll never forget the good time we had working together. Bessie was such a good person. We spent many hours talking about the Bible and what was going on in our lives.
I'll also never forget Bessie's excitement over her first date with Norm.

Trula Mercer, friend